• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF files open as blank pages

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a user getting PDF files from a certain company and they open as blank, white pages. There's no message or anything and other PDF files open fine. I also tried opening the files in Edge, Chrome, and SumatraPDF with the same result. Our company is using version 18.011.20058 or the Reader. I tried installing a newer version of the Reader but it didn't help.

The user has talked to the company that's sending these PDF files already. They told her the problem isn't with them and that other people had the same problem but their IT departments were able to fix it. I'm starting to wonder if the problem really is on their end because I haven't been able to find a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Hi Chansen,

Hoping that you might have found the solution to this issue.

As per the description given above, its seems you have got problem with a particular PDF sent from a certain company?

There's a user getting PDF files from a certain company and they open as blank, white pages. I also tried opening the files in Edge, Chrome, and SumatraPDF with the same result. Our company is using version 18.011.20058 or the Reader. 

Is that file is being opened on web or directly through Adobe Reader? Sinc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chansen,

Hoping that you might have found the solution to this issue.

As per the description given above, its seems you have got problem with a particular PDF sent from a certain company?

There's a user getting PDF files from a certain company and they open as blank, white pages. I also tried opening the files in Edge, Chrome, and SumatraPDF with the same result. Our company is using version 18.011.20058 or the Reader. 

Is that file is being opened on web or directly through Adobe Reader? Since its neither worked with Edge, Chrome and SumatraPDF so problem seems to be with the file format itself.

Please check the PDF producer. Open PDF>Right Click>Documents Properties>Description>PDF Producer

Have you checked with the most recent version of Adobe Reader? If not, then please download the latest patch 19.010.20100 Open Reader>Help>Check for Update

DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Note: if other PDF files are opening fine and this is the only one causing trouble. Then you need ask for the changes made at the sender's who has managed to get this worked at their end.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue...sort of.  I get documents from a particular company that I can open, read and print with no issues.  When I save as optomized the only pages that are not blank are the first two pages, which are that company's cover sheets.   Originally, the issue was only with their cover sheet.  Sometimes it would save as weird characters or almost blank but now that doesn't happen, it keeps their info in tact and blanks out the acutal document they're sending.  But of course, its not them....smh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines