Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF fillable problem with mobile devices

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a fillable form which works perfectly on computers and laptops, but which reacts differently on mobile devices - some check boxes will not check and others will auto-populate a whole column (despite the boxes all having different names). 

Both android and iPhone are experiencing the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know or are you able to verify if checkbox objects are running any folder level or document level javascripts?

You may refer to this tutorials and check if these were the procedures used:

If your answer is yes,  they won't work in the mobile apps because it depends on the user folder or path where part of the script is called from.

If your answer is NO, but the checkboxes are indeed using some jscripting, test the PDF with a third-party app like Foxit, for example.

I have a similar issue with some of my PDFs. They run in Foxit but not in Reader mobile app.

If it works with the third-party app but not with the Adobe Reader mobile app, we may be able to narrow down the problem better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the resource.

We are using Adobe Creative Cloud - I cannot find / access most of the
things described in the resource.

The fillable pdfs work on:
desktop
laptop
tablet
iPad

but have a few bugs on mobile phones ...

Thanks,
Kirsten

[Private info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Don't reply by email, as it contains a signature with your contact details)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have JavaScript? If so refer to the iOD/Android Javascript specification, it is very limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find that resource on the web but no success. Do you know of any link or the specific title of that specification?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry iOS of course, not iOD! https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Mobile/iosapi/index.html This is essential reading but remember that most mobile users will not be motivated to install the Adobe product at all. For this reason I would call forms for mobile virtually useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines