• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.PDF Made in Photoshop Won't Print From Acrobat Reader.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created several product flyers for my company on Photoshop Elements 10 and saved them as .PDF files.  A couple of them won't print from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC with messages like "The document could not be printed." "There were no pages selected to print." and "A drawing error occurred."  I've read through several forums about this issue and tried the following suggested solutions: printing as an "image," turning off protected view, unchecking "Enable Protected Mode," and checking for updates.  The only solution that worked was downloading Nitro Reader and printing the same file from there.

Other people in the office use only Adobe Reader, and they need to be able to print these documents.  I want to find a way to make sure that my flyers can be printed from any .PDF reader program.  It seems to be a corruption in the file since I can print other documents in the same session without these problems.

Is there a way to correct this problem without Adobe Acrobat Pro?  Is there a better workaround that I haven't tried?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Before I saved it as a PDF I merged all layers together in Photoshop. Then saved as PDF and opened it in Adobe Reader and was able to print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KelleyArline,

Sorry for the delay in response.

This is a known issue and very generic error. There could be a number of reasons why this error is popping up.

You may try opening the file either in Reader or Acrobat>File>print.

Form Print Dialogue>Advanced, check "Print As image". Try again and let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue also, I support 5000 team members and it is crucial that they can print my pdf files.  I am finding no pattern to this behaviour? It is random. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. The same person may be able to print one of my files, but not another file?

Can you please share more details of this known issue? I am desperate for a fix! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before I saved it as a PDF I merged all layers together in Photoshop. Then saved as PDF and opened it in Adobe Reader and was able to print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines