• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Preview Handler in outlook 2016

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had reports from multiple customers that we host that they are experiencing the below error:

This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer:

PDF preview Handler

To Open this file in its own program , double click it. 

I have done the below troubleshooting steps:

. Go to File>Options> Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Attachment Handling- turn off attachment preview which was was turned off

. Checked for updates on the server and all appeared to be ok

. Checked the location below and the registry was already correct
"{HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{DC6EFB56-9CFA-464D-8880-44885D7DC193}".
After reaching the correction location, double-tap on the AppID text value to change the Value Data to "{534A1E02-D58F-44f0-B58B-36CBED287C7C}".
.Also moved the files from the location below: c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Outlook\IAO1J0FO\

. Rebooted the server 

. tested across multiple customers and both had the same issues even though their Adobe's were different updated versions.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorna

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the issue still persists, please check out the steps suggested in the help page I have found on Microsoft support page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/help-cant-pr... and see if that works for you. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I have followed the steps in the article and unfortunately they didn't help to resolve the issue, this has now been happening for over 2 months and all investigations lead to a dead end, do you have any further guidance?

Regards 

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out this solution. It worked for me.

The problem is with Adobe and not Microsoft.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/pdf-preview-handler-missing-in-outlook-365...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines