• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF virus

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the free Adobe Reader that came with Windows 10. I use this PC for the Quickbooks software only. Last time I used it there was an update done and now all PDF files that I try to email are rejected with a virus message: 5.7.1 Virus Win.Exploit.CVE_2019_0903-6966169-0

I was trying to send emails back and forth from the PC to my Mac which has Acrobat Pro installed. Now when I try to send an email from my Mac I get the same rejection message so it appears both my laptops have this pdf virus!

A Google search provides no information about the virus in question. How can I remove this virus from my PC and my Mac?  HELP!  Thanks! Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 10.12.35 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Here is what I found:

https://www.securityweek.com/researcher-drops-3-separate-0-day-windows-exploits-24-hours

Prevent a worm by updating Remote Desktop Services (CVE-2019-0708) – MSRC

antivirus - CVE-2019-0903 detected by just one anti-virus service - Information Security Stack Exchange

It appears that Windows has already released a patch for it; I don’t know about Apple. I couldn’t find anything there.

If is a OS problem, it appears, and not Acrobat.

How did you make your PDFs? When you open a PD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I found:

https://www.securityweek.com/researcher-drops-3-separate-0-day-windows-exploits-24-hours

Prevent a worm by updating Remote Desktop Services (CVE-2019-0708) – MSRC

antivirus - CVE-2019-0903 detected by just one anti-virus service - Information Security Stack Excha...

It appears that Windows has already released a patch for it; I don’t know about Apple. I couldn’t find anything there.

If is a OS problem, it appears, and not Acrobat.

How did you make your PDFs? When you open a PDF what does it say in File > Properties for the Creator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Looks like that's it! I think I've managed to remove it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sockeye,

You're welcome, and I am so glad!

How did you remove it?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running Macafee and that didn't detect anything so I tried Bitdefender and Malwarebytes and those also came back with clean scans and then tried the Sophos Home which found several files that it cleaned and now I'm back to clean PDF's!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know — thank you for sharing that!

John McAfee sold his company 20 years ago and he has been rather vocal in expressing his displeasure with what they’ve done to it now.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe Reader that comes with Window 10, though your PC maker may have added it. What version is your Adobe Reader please? Please don’t say “latest”, looking for something like 11.0.33 or 2016.124.54333.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I deleted the Adobe Reader and didn't take note of the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

virus.jpg

Virus ??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines