Highlighted

PDF wanders off to a random location when finding/searching for something on the document

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Everytime I search for something on the document, the word gets correctly highlighted, but the location is not correct. It takes me to a random location on the document. I have tried purging the cache as well as unchecking fast searches - but still the same issue.

However, when I open it in Mac preview, the search works just fine. Not quite sure whats happening here.

I have tried this in both Mac and Windows and I see the same behavior on both.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF wanders off to a random location when finding/searching for something on the document

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Everytime I search for something on the document, the word gets correctly highlighted, but the location is not correct. It takes me to a random location on the document. I have tried purging the cache as well as unchecking fast searches - but still the same issue.

However, when I open it in Mac preview, the search works just fine. Not quite sure whats happening here.

I have tried this in both Mac and Windows and I see the same behavior on both.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?