• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs Edited in Mac Preview (Mojave) Not Opening In Adobe Reader (or Acrobat)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I delete a page in Mac Preview, or combine two PDF in Mac Preview, they will open and display in other users Preview, but will not open in Mac or Windows Adobe Reader (or Acrobat). An error message appears that states "an error exists on this page. acrobat may not display the page correctly. please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem" and only shows blank pages. I have the most recent Preview and most recent Adobe Reader. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe (including using the cleaner).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Don't use Apple Preview. This creates corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Apple Preview. This creates corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue might be the origin of the original PDF. I create them through MS Outlook (file print, save as pdf). When I combine two PDFs in preview or delete a page from this PDF it creates the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Acrobat, not Apple Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any future reader who don't want to fork out a fortune for Adobe Acrobat just to combine PDF.

After you have combined PDF in Apple (macOS) Preview, click File > Export as PDF , this will produce a correct PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, it worked for me. It's problematic that one has to export a PDF as a PDF in the same product to fix it, but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add some form fields to the file and try that again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me.  I think Apple Reader doesn't actually combine PDF files when you drag pages from one to another - it just creates a reference to the existing file.  Adobe isn't able to read the reference.  Thanks!  It's annoying, but nice to have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines