• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs not opening in Reader, forced open in Pro

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro installed on my machine. Pro is there for some use, but is not my default program to open PDFs since I like the Reader better for that. I have Reader set as my default program to open PDFs, but now, unless I open a pdf from Reader directly, it opens in Acrobat Pro by default. I noticed a message for a couple of seconds the first time this happened, but it was not in my notifications and I didn't get a chance to read the entire message.

How do I switch it so that it reads a PDF in the program that I have assigned to read it?

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, I found the setting. I was looking at settings in Acrobat Pro, but it's a setting in Acrobat Reader. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> General. At the bottom of the window is a check box that shunts opening all pdfs to Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines