• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs require cloud sign-in and open in Acrobat DC Pro instead of opening default Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off this is not a default program setting issue.  The defaults for .pdf and .pdfxml on multiple machines are Acrobat Reader DC. However when I double click on a pdf from any of the multiple workstations I get a cloud login.  When I supply the login user/pass the pdf opens in Pro.  Even if I right click open with Acrobat Reader DC there is a login and it goes to Pro.

The only way I can get a pdf to open is to open Acrobat Reader DC and then File>>Open the pdf.

This started a few days ago and is system wide.

TOPICS
PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This will happen if Acrobat Pro is already running, even invisibly. So check in Task Manager for a running copy. But also check your Acrobat/Reader preferences, where the default app is set (as well as in Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines