Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil tool starts with bounding box

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is there any setting to switch off the bounding box when drawing with the pencil tool as soon as you draw?

The previous versions did not have this issue and it is problematic for the work we do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Hi,

With the latest Adobe Acrobat and Reader, we have fixed the issue. Please refer to the article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/boundary-appears-drawing-tool-comment.html

Feel free to connect in case of any queries

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us.

The behaviour of pencil tool is as was in earlier versions except the circular grabbers (earlier it used to have rectangular grabbers). The first stroke of pencil in one session will have this outline and grabbers and the rest will be drawn without any outline.

Although, we have noted the issue in our backlog.

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ammar

We have been using Adobe Reader in our workflow for a long time and never had this issue affect us as badly as it is now.

Is there no way of ensuring that this issue is prioritised? We are an educational company and we have a team of teachers that use the program to mark assignments.

Alternatively could you offer a different solution to overcome this problem we are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We apologise for all the inconvenience caused with the introduction of the mentioned bug. We have noted down the issue in our backlog and will update you as soon as the fix for this is available.

Meanwhile, you can use CTRL+Z/CMD+Z to remove the grabbers/outline when it appears on first stroke of the free form tool.

OR

If you are using Adobe Acrobat, you can add Free form tool to the quick toolbar to use it from outside the comment app. This will also stop creating the grabbers around the first stroke of pencil

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ammar

Thank you for your response.

Your suggestion for a work around is working. Thank you very much!!!

Regards

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the latest Adobe Acrobat and Reader, we have fixed the issue. Please refer to the article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/boundary-appears-drawing-tool-comment.html

Feel free to connect in case of any queries

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the solution instruction, but it did not fix my problem. Still have the boundary box on the first stroke.

My laptop is MacBook Air MacOS 10.13.

Did not have the folder (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Preferences) in your solution to place the plist. However, I placed the plist in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/........../DC/Preferences.

I do cmd+Z (undo) and cmd+shift+A (un-select), but it is not a permanent.

What did I do wrong?

Do you have a new fix for Reader DC on MacOS 10.13?

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not have the folder (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Preferences) in your solution to place the plist. However, I placed the plist in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/........../DC/Preferences.

It did not fix the problem.

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the solution instruction, but it did not fix my problem. Still have the boundary box on the first stroke.

Did not have the folder (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Preferences) in your solution to place the plist. However, I placed the plist in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/........../DC/Preferences.

What did I do wrong?

Do you have a new fix for Reader DC on MacOS 10.13?

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find that the registry modifications indicaed in here https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/boundary-appears-drawing-tool-comment.html have no effect for Acrobat Reader DC (2021.007.20099 64-bit). Is there an updated registry file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines