• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture Placeholders

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC and want to creat a document that has a picture placeholder. The document will be sent to many different users that will only have Acrobat Reader and I want them to insert their own picture.

Is this possible

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Go to Tools - Prepare Form and then use the Add New Field tool and select "Image Field" and then place it in the desired location.

PS. In the future you should post such question in the Acrobat forum, not the Readee one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for taking the time to reply and sorry my question was very badly worded. I am able to put the image placeholder in Acrobat pro, but I want people with only Reader to be able to change the picture. Basically I have created a logbook template and want students to add their own pictures into the template.

It seems when I test sending a file with a image placeholder and open it with Reader the file just comntains the outline of the placeholder. I am new to Acrobat Pro so is there something I should be doing before/when I send it to make it editble?

Thanks again for any advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to do anything special beyond adding the field, but the users need to open the file in Reader DC to be able to import an image into it. They can do so by simply clicking the field (it's actually a button) and then selecting the image from their local computer. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks again. Its strange sometimes it seems to work, other times it doesnt. I can seem to see why, but thank you. Do you know if it should be possible to add the pictures via an iPhone if using the Reader DC App. Again I cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks for you knowledge!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Reader DC on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, OK so I guess its not possible on a mobile device. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Correct. Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines