• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please wait if this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just filled in a pdf form from a Dutch government site. I want to send it my mail but this is what I get when it opens the mail to attach it to.

Any ideas? I have the latest Adobe software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Sounds like you are using a web-based email provider (like gmail, yahoo mail...etc)? If so, you may have a web browser that doesn't support the Adobe Reader plug-in and probably uses its own pdf viewer. Can you simply compose a new email then use the attach function in the email to attach the pdf? Most that I know of have this option.

Barring that, you need to use a different browser. Stay away from Chrome, Edge and the 64bit version of Firefox...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using a web-based email provider (like gmail, yahoo mail...etc)? If so, you may have a web browser that doesn't support the Adobe Reader plug-in and probably uses its own pdf viewer. Can you simply compose a new email then use the attach function in the email to attach the pdf? Most that I know of have this option.

Barring that, you need to use a different browser. Stay away from Chrome, Edge and the 64bit version of Firefox...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the quick reply. What would be a better browser? I use chrome and apple’s mail!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Chrome uses its own viewer and apple mail probably uses Mac Preview but if I remember correctly (been a while since I was on a Mac) you should be able to attach a file in Apple mail and ignore any preview you get. Try sending one to yourself and see if the file comes through ok. Attach it to the email, send it, open the received email, choose to save the attachment (without opening) then open Reader and use File>Open to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these options. Saved the file to my desktop then drag and dropped to email, no joy. Then as attachment. Same result.

I’ll try another browser. Will I need another mail client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have me at a slight disadvantage since I don't use a Mac so I can't answer the email client question.

Try using Safari but first be sure it's set up to use the Adobe Reader plug-in: Can't use the Acrobat-Reader plug-in in Safari 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, cheers for the help. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you can ignore the preview. It makes no difference to what is sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  wrote

Note that you can ignore the preview. It makes no difference to what is sent.

Good reminder. I was hoping that they saw that in my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue. This is what has happened. 

1. Document created (I'm guessing using lifecycle) and emailed to me.

2. Document saved to desktop.

3. Opened with Adobe DC... same error

4. Opened with Adobe reader... same error

5. Opened with Edge, Chrome and explorer... same error. 

6. Saved as different formats including .eps... same error

Help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Adobe Acrobar DC Pro 2022 and had the same problem. Nobody really knows what is the problem, not even the 

bright Indians working for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show a screen shot of this message in the Acrobat Pro window. The screen shot needs to show the whole window including the title bar, not just the message. Then, a second screen shot. Use File > Properties in this open file, and show us a shot of the summary properties. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines