Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent File menu items changing

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use this on several machines, and I am finding the File menu keeps changing. When it is first installed the file men looks like the first picture, and then will sometimes change the second picture. I am assuming this is being caused by a PDF being opened but I haven't been able to prevent it, meaning the only way I can revert is to reinstall Reader. Can you tell me firstly what to do to revert back to the first picture without a reinstall, and secondly how I prevent it happening in the first place.

Picture 1

Dianna5E2C_0-1614336077285.png

Picture 2

Dianna5E2C_1-1614336087684.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this happen but

1. Make sure you are starting Reader DIRECTLY from the Start menu rather than by double clicking

2. Check the properties of Acrord32.exe and make sure there are no compatibility settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe decides what to include in those menus. You can't customize it directly, but a script can be used to add new menu items and in the past even to hide existing ones, although I'm not sure that still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines