Exit

Printed PDF as evidence in court ??

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a question:
Oftentimes PFD documents are printed to serve as written evidence in court, hence the metadata is not available on a written document.
As an example;
Financial- accounting- and other data are stored economic-administrative programs and are extracted at appropriate intervals and distributed according to agreements/contracts etc.
When this information is extracted to PDF and distributed, the original PDF-file contains Metadata relevant to the time of production, such as with invoices.
It is mandatory to store bookkeeping and accounting data over years by law. Economic-administrative programs may reproduce any report at any given time, also years after actual time.
However, these reports (at any given time) also carry metadata, i.e. dates of creation, who are not available on a written document.

Am I right that printed PDF documents without verified Metadata of production etc. hardly can serve as written evidence?

If you know any place I can get my claim verified I will be very grateful

Bjorn H

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The metadata in a PDFs is not trustworthy as it can be manipulated easily. It's propably less worth than a printed document with a date stamp or signature. Except the PDF has been digitally signed or certified, so the integrity of the PDF and its metadata can be verified. Anyway, the organization you need this documents for should have quidelines about which way evidences are aceptable or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines