Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer settings not remembered

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When printing both a local PDF file and with Internet Explorer plugin, Reader does not remember I've changed size to "Fit".

I have to do this every time I print a PDF file.

/Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kim,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine again after updating Adobe Reader.

Is your default printer also listed as the default printer in Adobe Reader's print dialog box?

If no then quit the browser. Quit all Reader windows. You can do this by checking Task Manager and check there is no acroRd32.exe running. Once done relaunch the browser and try again.

Also check your default printer is DEFAULT in Start Menu>Printer and Faxes.

You may also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe help article Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

Sorry my post was short, I'll elaborate here:

This happens for only one user on a Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop.

All other users remember the setting, when changed to Fit.

As I stated, it happens for both PDF files in internet explorer and in the normal client.

Adobe Reader is updated.

The user is not using the default printer. As this is a small label that needs to be printed.

/Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this setting saved anywhere in registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kimr-dk,

I am sorry for the delayed response, there aren't any registry settings keeping the entries for this, Try setting the printer as the default printer and check. Also, would it be possible to remove Adobe Reader using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Remove/disable the plug-in as well, reboot or log off the user(if possible). Then install the latest version of Adobe Reader from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820081/ and check.

For testing purpose, create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I have the exact same issue - I load a lot of pdfs, and sometimes print them offline, and when they connect to the printer they go out - BUY with the NEW Acrobat (which I absolutely hate),  the print settings always come up with the basic - in my case the "Print on both sides" is NEVER checked - I have to actually go in EVERY time and check it - and when I forget, and print 10 documents in a row without checking, I literally have to toss all the copies and waste paper and printer ink as I cannot accommodate such large paper documents. THERE IS NO DEFAULT SAVE SETTING ANY MORE!! Really, why do such basic settings get "forgotten". I do not want to go to every single document, resave them with printer settings, that is just stupid!  So, Adobe, how do you save the default so you dont have to change it every single time you print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines