Highlighted

Printing no colors with pdf reader

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've a HP 3880 and till some time ago all worked fine, but today when I tried to print a doc with parts in color all was printed in greys. To test if it was a problem of the printer, just did the same with the same file from my other computers at home and all them printed the doc in color. Just uninstalled all adobe tools, and delete all files from appdata, programdata and from common files in program files and program files(x86)..( I've windows 10 ), and finally used the adobe clean tool to delete any entry in the registry, after that rebooted the pc, and reinstalled the acrobat reader but the problem continues. Of course I checked print in grey checkbox was unchecked....I remember in the past there was an option named print color as black and I remember I checked it to print a long doc full in grey color, ....I've been looking for that option in actual version, 2019, but I've been not able to locate it to check if it continues checked, but can't find it. I've no more ideas about what to do....any clue about how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance and happy new year.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by radzmar | Adobe Community Professional

In a printing process, you have multiple elements where you can set up the color mode: The printer itself, the printer driver and the application you're printing from. Have you checked the printer driver settings on the affected computer? It's possible that it's set to b/w mode. In that case it doesn't matter that the "print in gray" checkbox in Acrobat Reader is unchecked.

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing no colors with pdf reader

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've a HP 3880 and till some time ago all worked fine, but today when I tried to print a doc with parts in color all was printed in greys. To test if it was a problem of the printer, just did the same with the same file from my other computers at home and all them printed the doc in color. Just uninstalled all adobe tools, and delete all files from appdata, programdata and from common files in program files and program files(x86)..( I've windows 10 ), and finally used the adobe clean tool to delete any entry in the registry, after that rebooted the pc, and reinstalled the acrobat reader but the problem continues. Of course I checked print in grey checkbox was unchecked....I remember in the past there was an option named print color as black and I remember I checked it to print a long doc full in grey color, ....I've been looking for that option in actual version, 2019, but I've been not able to locate it to check if it continues checked, but can't find it. I've no more ideas about what to do....any clue about how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance and happy new year.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by radzmar | Adobe Community Professional

In a printing process, you have multiple elements where you can set up the color mode: The printer itself, the printer driver and the application you're printing from. Have you checked the printer driver settings on the affected computer? It's possible that it's set to b/w mode. In that case it doesn't matter that the "print in gray" checkbox in Acrobat Reader is unchecked.

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
hsp896 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radzmar,

thanks for your reply. Yes, the driver in my computer was corrupted and that was the reason of the problem. Just made a clean install downloading it from HP site and it's working perfectly now.

my best regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines