• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing PDFs from Reader

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, apologies for the long post in advance!

I have a user experiencing an issue printing PDFs. It's only one person on one machine (nowhere else in our organisation), however it's happeing with a range of PDFs and printers. 

When clicking print after selecting a printer, Acrobat acts as if the file has been sent to the queue but the job does not chow anywhere. No error messages appear.

First I tried printing with Print as Image turned on and off, and restarting the computer and Print Spooler service.

She's having no issues printing any other files or documents, and PDFs that Acrobat Reader can't print are printing fine when opened with Google Chrome.  I've tried printing to a network attached HP LaserJet and Canon MFPs (both network attached direct print queues and through a PaperCut server). Other uers can print the "problematic" PDFs from other computers of the same Windows build to the same printers successfully. 

Furthermore, the issue still occurred after repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling Acrobat Reader. This all leads me to believe that it's an Acrobat Reader issue, rather than a printer, computer or file problem. To rule out faulty document formatting, I created a PDF with just the word "Test" on it in Arial with no images or fancy formatting and the same thing happened

She's running continuous release version 2019.010.20098 on a Windows 10 64bit machine. 

Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Michael

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?