Highlighted

Printing PDFs from Windows Explorer without opening PDF

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if anyone can help. I have 2 identical Windows 10 devices and have an issue on one of them. Both print multiple PDFs direct from Windows Explorer, both print fine but one opens each PDF maximised. Is there a setting somewhere or a reg key that I can modify to stop them from opening, please? It's weird that it's only affecting one of them.

Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.010.20099

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing PDFs from Windows Explorer without opening PDF

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if anyone can help. I have 2 identical Windows 10 devices and have an issue on one of them. Both print multiple PDFs direct from Windows Explorer, both print fine but one opens each PDF maximised. Is there a setting somewhere or a reg key that I can modify to stop them from opening, please? It's weird that it's only affecting one of them.

Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.010.20099

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JackUzi,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, while printing one opens each PDF maximised, correct?

Would you mind sharing some more information for a better understanding:

• What is the workflow/steps you are doing to print?
  • Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on both the machines or do you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on one of them?
  • Are you trying to print to Adobe PDF or the Physical printer?

Also, as we can check you have an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC  version 2019.010.20099,  we have a new updated available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 19.21.20047. Please try to update the application to the latest version and see if that helps. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information about the latest version available please use the help article - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

We are here for help, just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JackUzi LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What is the workflow/steps you are doing to print? I am opening Windows explorer, selecting multiple PDF documents then selecting Share and then Print.
  • Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on both the machines or do you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on one of them? Yes both identical Windows 10 PC's have Reader DC.
  • Are you trying to print to Adobe PDF or the Physical printer? Printing to network printer.

I'll try the updated version to see if it makes any difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC