Highlighted

printing via adobe reader or saving for the first time take minutes

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the latest version of adobe reader on a citrix environment. When the user opens a pdf and then want to print that pdf it hangs.... it takes minutes and then there is the window to print. After that other pdf items print immediately.

Extra: when we restart the server and we do it again it hangs again for the first pdf and the first print.

Server is doing nothing and resources are available.

Almost same issue with a pdf and save as. When saving as (pdf item is open) it takes minutes to open explorer and choosing the right folder to save into.

When it has done this one time, the next time is much quicker and smoother. But the fact it hangs the first time is not as wished.

I know this is not much info, but other things on that server are running smoothly (like Office, browsers, explorer and mapped drives,printing, ...)

It is only adobe reader that has problems.

What could I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

printing via adobe reader or saving for the first time take minutes

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the latest version of adobe reader on a citrix environment. When the user opens a pdf and then want to print that pdf it hangs.... it takes minutes and then there is the window to print. After that other pdf items print immediately.

Extra: when we restart the server and we do it again it hangs again for the first pdf and the first print.

Server is doing nothing and resources are available.

Almost same issue with a pdf and save as. When saving as (pdf item is open) it takes minutes to open explorer and choosing the right folder to save into.

When it has done this one time, the next time is much quicker and smoother. But the fact it hangs the first time is not as wished.

I know this is not much info, but other things on that server are running smoothly (like Office, browsers, explorer and mapped drives,printing, ...)

It is only adobe reader that has problems.

What could I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?