• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening Adobe Acrobat pdfs with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have current versions of Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

If I try to open some Adobe Acrobat pdfs  with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC -- in the Windows Explorer file I've created for them -- they will not open and I get either an "access denied" or "file not found" message.  Or nothing happens at all.

But if I copy those same exact pdfs into my Windows Explorer DOWNLOADS file, then they open fine.

What difference should it make what folder the pdfs are in within Windows Explorer?  This problem does not happen with all pdfs, and I cannot detect a pattern or cause.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davisonm,

Thanks for reaching out. As you are experiencing issues while opening the PDF, correct?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your computer? To check the version of the application please go to Help > Click, About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

The Windows Explorer file that you have created is that on  your local computer or is it on a shared network?

Please try the below preferences and check if that works for you. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Add File and Add Folder Path > Click OK and restart the application and check.

If it still doesn't work,

Please try to turn off the protected view and Enhanced security.  Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > turn off  the Protected view and uncheck the Enhanced Security > restart the application and check.

Note: Turning off the security is for testing purpose only, please turn on the security after testing, irrespective of the result.

If turning off the protected view works for you, please use the help article  - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestions, but they did not work.
My version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is 2019.012.20400.  My pdfs are on my personal home computer, not a network.
Using as a test a certain pdf that I can open in my downloads folder but not where I've put it in a different folder to organize it, I tried adding  a folder path to that folder, but I still could not open the pdf inside that file.  I then tried adding the file, but I got a message saying the path was too long.
Turning off the protective view and enhanced security then restarting did not work either.
So with a number of pdf files either I have to maintain two copies (one in Downloads where I can open it, and one where I actually want it organized in my files), or copy the file from wherever I keep it to the Downloads folder to view it.  It's not an efficient way to work.
But thanks again for trying to help . . . can you at least explain why this is happening?  It seems like such a dumb thing to happen.  I've never had, for instance, an MS Word document that opened only in the Downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines