I've recently got a new laptop at work. Installed, as usual, Adobe Reader. But there are several strange behaviors in this new environment.
The system is built as:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T460, 64-bit (System model: 20FN003JMX). Brand new, bought first quarter of year 2017.
- Windows 10 Pro (all updates, Version: 10.0.14393 Build 14393)
- Adobe Reader DC (Version 2015.023.20070)
- MS Office 2016 Home and Business (Version 1701, build 7766.2060)
The issues are:
- Not possible to press CTRL + scrolling mouse wheel (this is possible in all other software on PC e.g. MS Office, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Windows etc.). I have also tried using the ALT, ALT Gr, Shift, CTRL Left, and CTRL Right but with no affect to this feature.
- Not possible to mark text. It's possible to double-click at a word and got it marked. It's also possible to place the marker somewhere in text and then use Shift+arrows to mark text. Or if I triple-click at a word, then the whole sentence will be marked. But it is not possible to just click and drag the mouse over a partial text and get that part marked.
- The hand tool is not able to use for panning a document page. No response at all except the cursor changes to a hand. Well, that is nice anyway...
- The snapshot tool for taking a partial "screen dump" of a page is not possible. No response except the cursor than the cursor change to a cross when clicking and dragging for a snapshot. Of course, the menu button "Snapshot" pressed at first.
I have tried to repair and also uninstall and then re-install the software, but with no change of the bad behavior. I haven't tried to install an older Reader version, yet.
All these nice features have, and also are, working on all other desktops and laptops I work or worked on both at my work and privately. I just can't figure out what's wrong at this specific laptop from Lenovo... And it's very frustrating as it does slow down much of the work I try to perform each day!
Right now I've found what's the problem for at least me! I also had installed the HP Display Assistant for the HP EliteDisplay E242. When that program was running (see task tray) all the Reader features mentioned above did not work. But after exiting Display Assistant everything began to work!!! Heureka!!!
So, my solution was to turn of the auto-start function in HP Display Assistant!
One more thank you.
I had extacly the same issue and your advise did solve my problem.