Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with e-mail function in Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

An acquaintance has a problem with the e-mail function in Adobe Reader.

He uses a scan application called Canon MP Navigator to scan a document to PDF.

The scanning works fine and after the scan is finished, the PDF-document is opened.

But the problem start when he wants to send the opened PDF-document by e-mail.

When he presses the e-mail button he gets the error: 'A problem occurred with Acrobat. Some functions might not work as expected' (Dutch: Er is een probleem met Acrobat. Enkele functies werken mogelijk niet naar behoren). (See attached screenshot)

The strange thing is, that if he closes the PDF-document and reopens the same PDF-document in Adobe Reader (from Windows Explorer), everything is working fine. So it seems there is something wrong with the process that receives a PDF-document from an external application.

When he presses the 'More info' (Dutch: Meer info) button, it opens the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrocef-rdrcef-errors.html

I've tried all 4 solutions on that page, but none of them seems to solve the problem.

I've updated MP Navigator as well as Adobe Reader on his PC to be sure it's not a version incompatibility, but it didn't help.

I've also completely removed both applications and reinstalled them, it didn't help.

I've also disabled the virusscanner (F-secure) he was using, to be sure it was not a problem with a blocking application, but this didn't help either.

Does anyone recognize this problem and has a solution for it?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fogot to mention that we also reinstalled MS Office as suggested in this topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/attach-to-e-mail-does-not-work/td-p/9664914?page=1

But this also didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruud,

We are experiencing the same issue. Maybe you can remember what the solution for this issue was?

I tried also all the options which you tried.

Thanks1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I never found the solution myself, but he mailed me around a half year later that he found a solution himself by running the compatibility troubleshooter on the adobe exe, what solved the problem.

So if your right click on the adobe exe => properties => Tab 'Compatibility' => Button 'Run compatibility troubleshooter'.

That troubleshooter solved his problem.

Unfortunately, I don't have more details. I only speak him when he has pc problems 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines