Problem with Print function after Windows 10 Update 2004

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we`re using the Adobe Reader DC AddOn for Internetexplorer. After Windows 10 Update 2004 (May release) we can`t use the print funtion anymore.

Need help to fix the problem. Our software also use the AddOn for displaying PDF documents.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Print, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021
Hi all.  This is to inform that the issue has been fixed as part of Feb 2021 update release.  Please update your application to the latest version: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyone There is also an option update please update that too: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe  Enable Protected Mo...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
    Hi All, The fix in February release was only Consumer specific; and we'll be shipping the fix for both Classic tracks in the upcoming May Feature release in a few days.  The same will be now working on all tracks available; on Windows 10 OS version 2004/20H2. Regards, Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following for an update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on several PCs that updated to Win Feature Update 2004 over the weekend - users can no longer print via Adobe Active X in IE 11

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We print a lot of plans to plotter using Adobe reader DC. After update to win ver 2004 it broke the ability to print. I have tried all the suggested fix, even tried disabling Symantec AV client and nothing works. Hower I have one site

with 7 PC's and all have 2004 update and they can still print. The others just get "unable to print document" error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue across multiple computer in our organization. Definately caused by the new Microsoft update.

Please help with a fix.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply from the above comments has fixed it for us!

I had this same issue, but I was able to just now get it working again after I disabled the "Enable Protected Mode at startup" feature under Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve the issue for us. Just gives message, The document can not be printed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Adobe Acobat DC in an attempt to reinstall and fix the issue and the machine will no longer boot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "Enable Protected Mode at startup" via the Acrobat Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) menu resolved my issue as well.  Thank you, Jenniferb79366475.

As a side note, this issue only affected my PC's that were running Acrobat Reader DC.  PC's running Acrobat Pro DC had no issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has lost printing ability from Acobat DC to plotters after 2004 Update. Just gives an unable to print error. Worked fine until ver 2004 update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC simply will not run in my laptop since Win10 ver2004 update took place. 

Reverting Windows to the previous versions, everything works fine, but under Win10 2004 Reader will not even start, despite reinstalling the program in my computer.

About the specific issue in this post, I had a similar one with my Wireless HP printer after Win10 upgrade, and after a long time debugging it, the issue was the connection port had to bee redefined, maybe something alike may sort this issue out, good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the exact same issue with Acrobat Reader embedded in our Infor Syteline ERP Print Preview form.  AR works fine when you open PDF direct.  If you look in Win10 Event Logs you'll notice a lot of new errors and warnings, some of which are COM failures which may be related to this issue.  Control tested the problem, Win10 1909 and older no issue, Win10 2004 - Acrobat Print Button is dead.  Note that all the other Acrobat buttons to Zoom, Save, Show Tools work OK.  Even the Tools Print button and ctrl+P don't work.  You click on the Print button and no printer dialog appears.  I believe MS tightened down some security which prevents Acrobat print access when not the root process.  MS does it to us again - just when I was gaining confidence in Win10 and mass deploying it.  ADOBE WAKE UP - WE'RE NOT IMAGINING THE PROBLEM.  Thanks, George

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with printing as well, but I cannot print through acrobat dc, foxit, etc. This just started also. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more googling, seems this is now at least acknowledged by Microsoft. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-printing-breaks-due-to-microsoft-june-202...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a solution for this or the update from Microsoft has not been released yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

The issue is from Microsoft's end and was due to their latest release 2004 released.

They have acknowledged the same and will be working on the same. 

Please do let us know, if anything is required from our end.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the issue achnowledged by Microsoft is unrelated to the Adobe print dialog not working in the IE Addon. This started with the 2004 update but so far doesn't appear to be acknowledged. The only workaround seems to be disabling the reader sandbox protected mode. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Microsoft acknowledge an issue regarding the printer spooler and fixed the bug in KB4567523. However, the issue we are talking about here is not related to the spooler issue.

I did some tests with the latest Optional Update 20.009.20074, but the issue is still not fixed.

Do you have an estimated release date for a patch regarding this issue ?

Thanks

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue after updating to 2004, printing pdf from IE plug-in does not work anymore nothing happens at al when i klick the print icon and if i save the file and open it in DC the printing works so its for sure a compatiblity issue with 2004 that Adobe has to fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if you saved the file locally the launch it then Adobe Reader will print, just not through IE and I don't think any other browswer either

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we've noticed this as well. 

This is an issue rrelated specifically to the Adobe plugin in IE 11. A few notes on this. 

-This only seems to affect the msi installation not the .exe installation

-Disabling the plugin in IE has been our workaround

-There is no error message it just doesnt print

- The kb's mentioned in this post do not resolve this issue.

-We have not tried this in any other browser as all of our business applications require internet explorer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Adobe plug-in in IE fixed the issue for us. Thanks for the tip!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if ther is group Policy for this as we have hundreds of computers to fix with this issue?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company is going to try making a GPO to disable the Adobe add-in based off these intructions https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11406.how-to-disable-internet-explorer-i...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any solution available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting on a solution to this problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines