Highlighted

Problem with sticky note tooltip text

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tooltip text fails to render eventhough the corresponding text in sticky note / pop-up note is OK.

I need to type math symbols in notes, so I set Commenting font to Cambria Math (tried others too) and enter math symbols using Unicode and pressing Alt-x, e.g. U+1D4A9 for ๐’ฉ. The text displays nicely in the note, but is displayed as a box in the corresponding tooltip. This doesn't happen always, but rather sometimes. It seems that if there's a space after a math character this does happen.

The simplest test case is:

1.Set Commenting font to Cambria Math

2.Restart Reader

3.Add a new sticky note

4.Type 1D4A9<Alt+x>

5.Close note

6.Point mouse to note

Observe tooltip showing ๐’ฉ

Repeat the above with typing 1D4A9<Alt+x><space> in step 4

Observe tooltip displaying โฏ’

This is in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 19.021.20049.27333 on Windows 10 Home x64.

Any help will be appreciated.

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with sticky note tooltip text

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tooltip text fails to render eventhough the corresponding text in sticky note / pop-up note is OK.

I need to type math symbols in notes, so I set Commenting font to Cambria Math (tried others too) and enter math symbols using Unicode and pressing Alt-x, e.g. U+1D4A9 for ๐’ฉ. The text displays nicely in the note, but is displayed as a box in the corresponding tooltip. This doesn't happen always, but rather sometimes. It seems that if there's a space after a math character this does happen.

The simplest test case is:

1.Set Commenting font to Cambria Math

2.Restart Reader

3.Add a new sticky note

4.Type 1D4A9<Alt+x>

5.Close note

6.Point mouse to note

Observe tooltip showing ๐’ฉ

Repeat the above with typing 1D4A9<Alt+x><space> in step 4

Observe tooltip displaying โฏ’

This is in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 19.021.20049.27333 on Windows 10 Home x64.

Any help will be appreciated.

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
qwer1304 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, turns out that if I put ANY one byte (two hex digits) unicode after the math character (i.e., space, letter, digits, etc), the display of the math character is screwed up in the tooltip. Three or more hex digits don't result in this bug. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC