Highlighted

Question on repeated crashes during opening of large pdfs.

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question concerning my attempted opening of large PDFs on my mac. It just started doing it a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. I thought it was my internet playing up at first, but it has continued to do it when I know the internet is fine, I tired reinstalling the whole Adobe platform, but this has made no difference, and just today I found a similar post on here which told me to change the rendering options, which I did (although I do not have the Direct X option - as I have a mac - which this post suggests as part of the 'fix').  I use adobe on my phone and sync everything via the cloud that I do on there with my mac desktop if that is relevant or not, I don't know. As I use Adobe everyday, any help would be much appreciated. 

Here is a screen shot of the crashing page I am greeted with now - it always gets to the same spot on the bar then stops, accompanied by the rainbow crashing wheel. Adobe will only then close via force quit.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.38.53 pm.png

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question on repeated crashes during opening of large pdfs.

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question concerning my attempted opening of large PDFs on my mac. It just started doing it a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. I thought it was my internet playing up at first, but it has continued to do it when I know the internet is fine, I tired reinstalling the whole Adobe platform, but this has made no difference, and just today I found a similar post on here which told me to change the rendering options, which I did (although I do not have the Direct X option - as I have a mac - which this post suggests as part of the 'fix').  I use adobe on my phone and sync everything via the cloud that I do on there with my mac desktop if that is relevant or not, I don't know. As I use Adobe everyday, any help would be much appreciated. 

Here is a screen shot of the crashing page I am greeted with now - it always gets to the same spot on the bar then stops, accompanied by the rainbow crashing wheel. Adobe will only then close via force quit.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.38.53 pm.png

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?