Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Change Color" option missing from "Fill and Sign" on one PC

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My 10 year old son is doing school work from home during the current crisis.
The school has provided PDF's to work off which are black text on white background.
Before upgrading Adobe Reader, while using the "Fill and Sign" option, he could set the font color so that his answers stood out from the questions.
Since upgrading, the "Change Color" option has disappeared from his PC.
My PC is also running the latest Adobe Reader and still allows me to select the Color when Filling Text (as below).
How do I get this option back on my son's PC?

MikeP1212_0-1586227041386.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, seeing the change color button on my work pc but not my home laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killed a couple of hours of my life! The newly installed free Adobe Reader DC, downloaded from the official site, is not the latest version, so it was necessary to forcibly update right after installation. After the update the missing color selector button miraculously appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my Android Acrobat Reader 23.1.0.25718 I even failed to preserve the Unicode block characters 0x2588 (they turned from black/blue to transparent the moment I dropped them on to tgmhe canvas). But I noticed a Comment menu beside the Fill&Sign one, and it has more stable letter writing. The color picker was there, too. My only qualm with Comment is low privacy of my (free) choice of witholding information.

The Fill&Sign menu caused a crash when I long-pressed my input. So much for a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines