• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Found a Higher Version of Adobe Acrobat in the Installation Location"

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I went to update my Acrobat reader on my Mac.  In doing so, I received a message stating, "found a higher version Adobe Acrobat Reader in the installation location. Installation will terminate."  I then, in following instructions suggested in past forum posts on here, deleted the Acrobat reader I had already downloaded, anything else related to it, restarted my computer, and even enabled my root user.  None of these options seemed to work.  Is there any possible solution to this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Hi EQ,

Could you please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run Cleaner tool from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Reboot the machine.

3- Install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

4- Reboot the machine and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe folders do you see in the Applications folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no Abode Folders in my Applications folder.  I had deleted Abode entirely off of my computer after initially receiving the message with the thought that, in doing so, I would not receive the same message again and be able to successfully download the newest Acrobat Reader.  Unfortunately, after deleting adobe, not only from my applications, but also from my trash, I continue to get the message telling me that there is a higher version of Adobe Acrobat Reader..." preventing me from downloading it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EQ,

Could you please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run Cleaner tool from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Reboot the machine.

3- Install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

4- Reboot the machine and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the late response, Shivam, but this successfully worked! Thank you very much for your help and the link!

Best,

EQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening Adorbat,

I have attempted the cleaner tool but the application states the selected product can not be found on this machine.   I still get the install error when attempting to install the newest package of DC Reader so I am at a stand still.  Please advise and thank you for your time.  

Repectfully,
Tyler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem even after following the clean, reinstall, and reboot suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Can't print due to error saying "no pages selected".

Deleted Adobe from system.  Trying to reinstall and get same error "Higher version"

Cleaning tool won't run b/c it says cannot detect application?

Runaround continues....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now. have you resolved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue on 3 seperate macbooks in my organization. We attempted the suggested resolution and we are still receiving this error message. Is there any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines