• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Install Now" button missing from Adobe Reader Download Page?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last several months, whenever I go to the Adobe Reader download page (https://get.adobe.com/reader/​), the yellow "Install Now" button disappears after a second or two from landing on the page.  It is replaced by text that says "Note: your antivirus software must allow you to install software".  We have confirmed w/ our AV vendor that there is nothing in our settings that would block this, but I've also tested this on my own personal computer, as well as other random non-enterprise affiliated computers, and in multiple browsers.  Have tried clearing cache/cookies as well--issue persists.  I can't be the only person this is happening to....am I?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would tend to think it's your AV application (no matter what your vendor says). The only way to test this is to turn it off.

Other than that, you can download and use the full installer here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I've also tried it on my personal computer and others w/ AV turned off and still get the same results...that's why I assumed this must have been a bigger issue since I have tested it on several random machines w/ all different types of OS, browsers, AV, domain membership, etc.  I've tried as hard as I can to isolate this issue to our org, but have not been able to =\

In any case, that link you provided was very helpful 😃 I'll just download the packages I need and stick em on a thumb drive for when I need to deploy quickly.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

I've tried to duplicate your issue on a couple of my machines but didn't have that happen. I can only guess but I think if this was very common, we'd hear about it a lot more but I don't see that. At any rate, at least now you have an avenue to get Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines