• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Installation Encountered Errors - Failed to Initialize" - help!

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an XP S3 box, 2.66 GHz with 512mb RAM and lots of memory.  Recently I tried to update my Acrobat Reader (Secunia reported my version was not current). Upon downloading, an error msg without a number came up as in subject line of this post.

"Installation Encountered Errors -  Failed to Initialize"

I uninstalled my current version of Acrobat Reader. Tried to install again but no luck. Same error msg.  I cleared the cache out of Firefox 6.0.2, tried again: ditto.

I have on my computer  installed an old version of Acrobat 5.0 (KWW500R7153013-348) that I bought in 2003 (I think)  so I unistalled that, then tried again. No luck.  So I reinstalled the old Acrobat, then uninstalled it. Same. Then I defragged my hard drive, restarted. Now I was getting frustrated.

I did a system restore to a point before I tried to update Acrobat Reader; no luck.  No matter what I do, AR will not install.  I've read all the KB articles at Adobe, but nothing seems to work. Can you please help?

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the installer from http://get.adobe.com/de/reader/enterprise/ - it should behave differently than the one that is downloaded with the download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willener Qat is right. I could not get the installer to work until I ran something like his link (without the "de"): http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ I guess he's in Germany . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly the same problems, and it goes that because I wanted an English version of Adobe Reader, went obviously to adobe.com but because I am based in Europe, oh... this site decides to be so lame and Fail to Initialise and couldn't even redirect me by detecting my IP address, but could detect enough to not let me install a simple reader !!!

So this link is the link for European IP address users, http://get.adobe.com/de/reader/enterprise/ and then you just have to copy paste into translate.google.com to know what to do, and you can still download English or any other language...

However this is all lame and poorly organised for a company the size of adobe, and their help thingo was a complete waste of time, obviously it was only geared to the US !! Hello the rest of the world exists too.

Anyway hope this is of help, I even went to foxit reader and it's faster, but needed adobe for the pdf to be able to be opened in photoshop !!! aggghhhh these people and their control freakish merde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines