Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"invalid plugin detected, adobe will quit"

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I am using Adobe SDK to develop .api. Using sample code - basicplugin project. It can be built successfully. I put .api into adobe plugins directory. Reopen Acrobat and it can show menu. But it will show “invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". I don't know if it needs to be enable by using tools Makekeys and singpluing to enable .api.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

Tony

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Enable with MakeKeys, as described in the documentation. But first, you must apply for a license from Adobe, they will review your application, and might (or might not) allow it, then  quote you a fee - up to $25,000 pa for some types of plug-in. You will also need Acrobat (paid for) to develop and test the plug-in, even if writing a Reader plug-in/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the use in Acrobat Reader you must enable the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to enable plugin?

thanks,

tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is broken, can we have an updated link please?  I have the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google: creating acrobat reader plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather google "What is the point of this community if the answers are going to be broken links and advice to go find things for yourself on google"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choice. I thought, since Adobe clearly don't care to keep their links stable, it would be safer in the long term to post a tested Google argument. The risk of ingrates is just part of the joy of volunteering. Have a nice day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome.   The question is still open if someone has an actual answer.  I'd be very grateful for some real assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable with MakeKeys, as described in the documentation. But first, you must apply for a license from Adobe, they will review your application, and might (or might not) allow it, then  quote you a fee - up to $25,000 pa for some types of plug-in. You will also need Acrobat (paid for) to develop and test the plug-in, even if writing a Reader plug-in/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: Adobe will NOT allow you to make a plug-in for an obsolete version of Reader. You must use Reader DC (as well as makekeys, licensing etc etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied the public key, it is fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines