Highlighted

"Save As" box is blank

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Save As" box is coming up completely blank when I try to save a PDF to my desktop.  I am on a MAC.  It used to show up options to name a file and save to any location - but now it is completely blank

Hi Yvonnec79586663,

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to.

It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "The cloud", it runs into problems.

You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your "Save As" dialog back-

• Open up Acrobat's preferences, Edit>Preferences
  • Then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files"

Let us know if this doesn't help you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Save As" box is blank

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Save As" box is coming up completely blank when I try to save a PDF to my desktop.  I am on a MAC.  It used to show up options to name a file and save to any location - but now it is completely blank

Hi Yvonnec79586663,

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to.

It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "The cloud", it runs into problems.

You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your "Save As" dialog back-

• Then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files"

Regards,

Akanchha

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvonnec79586663,

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry tried this method did not work for me still get a Blank Screen when trying to save a PDF file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolm,

This should surely help you, have you restarted Acrobat? After making changes to the Acrobat's preferences settings please close and reopen the application and try.

-Akanchha  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what was suggested before I posted still a blank page.

Had no trouble ever until this different system which I try but

unsuccessfully get nowhere.

Carol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol, you are right; no trouble till the latest browser.  Apple has hidden the 'Save as' function for pdf documents without indicating where to find it.  Frustrated I went to the nearest iStore and the answer is: PRESS alt  on the keyboard and the 'Save As' function appears.  Simple as that; no need to change or remove anything from icloud etc.

Dr. K. in Johannesburg, SA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I close the application I will lose the work I did.  Very frustrating.  Will have to print the document and then scan it and save it, assuming that closing the application then works!  

I'm not happy.  The suggestion for alt save as is for Mac--I have Dell PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use Shift+S shortcut keys to use Save As option in Acrobat when it is used on MS Windows.

You may also try if F12 works in Acrobat, it works for MS Office applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked for me on my Windows 10 PC as well for both Save and Save As on Adobe Reader DC from within Outlook 2016.  Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I try and open Reader, I get the blank dialog box, so I cannot change the Preferences. At the moment Reader is completely blocked for me, I can open no document or use it in any way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If this results in a different technical issue that happening with your machine You should post your question again but outside of this thread.

Share your operating system, Adobe Acrobat version, and a screenshot of what you get.

In the meanwhile, see if by disabling the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app  resolves the blank dialogue box issue.

Alternatively, you can boot your computer in safe mode and check if you're able to open Acrobat with your computer in safe mode.

If Adobe Acrobat opens fine in safe mode you should look into disabling conflictive startup programs, services, or consider removing  suspicious extensions or plugins; check also if any securitiy  settings changed during a recent update to your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just checking if the guidance that I shared from Apple supoort helped you resolve the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it totally did and helped solve an additional problem with pictures
looking stretch on emails I was composing. So thank you again.
--
[Personal Information Removed By Moderator ]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'm glad it helped.

You're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked. thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Kudos to Akki_24 though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC