• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"There was an error while reading a stream." Error while opening or browsing files.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There was an error while reading a stream." Is an error message I am getting while attempting to read comic PDFs I bought last year. The error will trigger at different points throughout each different pdf and cause select pages in the pdf to be completely blank. The page that triggers the error and the blank pages are the same every single time. 

I am on Windows 7, my Adobe Acrobat is up to date, and I already tried restarting my computer and Repair Installation. 

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

we are sorry for the toruble. As described yoiu are getting the error 'There was an error while reading a stream'

Please reboot the machine once and navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences and disable the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'>click OK and relaunch Adobe Reader and check.

Are you getting this error message with all the PDF files or is it with a specific PDF file? Is it a scanned PDF file or PDF file with text?

Remove Adobe Reader using Acrobat cleaner tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

If the issue is with a specific PDF file, please hsare the file with us for testing.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines