• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrCEF.exe Application error when opening Reader

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the error message anytime I opened a file. Then when it was time to save, I got the message again and it would not allow me to save. AcroCEF.exe Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I was originally having this problem with Acrobat so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still trouble. I then uninstalled and deleted every darn thing that had anything to do with Acrobat, restarted, and reinstalled. Then I uninstalled with Microsoft Fix-it which I found that someone suggested because sometimes some files get left behind. Same problem.

So then I thought maybe I should try with regular reader. I installed Reader DC and am getting the same error only of the Rdr verision.

Can anyone help me out here?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Hi corissao,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Is this crash still happening for you? If yes, we would like to have some information from you to investigate it further -

(a) What is your system configuration (Window or Mac, its version)?

(b) We would like to have a log file from your system. Could you please share the file "AdobeARM.log" from your user temp folder? To navigate to this folder, go to Start->Run, type %temp% and press ENTER. Look for the file and send it to us (emai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To understand the issue, we would require following information:

• Does other views like Document Cloud, My Computer, Save As Dialog, Send and Track, Send for Signature etc. are working as expected ?
  • If observing blank view, go to Task Manager
  • check whether a process named "RdrCEF" is running or not?
  • If running, is it in a hanged state?
  • If hanged, right click on the process and create the dump file and share with us.
  • Check if Rdrcef.exe is crashing [Go to task manager -> observe PID of RdrCEF processes, it changes]
    • enable the Windows crash reporting WER feature. Steps to enable crash dump creation: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)
    • OR You can also use the attached registry key to enable the automatic crash dump creation. This will place the dump at C:\Dumps\. dump.reg
  • If possible, share a video reproducing the problem.
  • Kindly share the contents of these two locations :

For 64 bit machine go to :

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF

For 32 bit machine go to:

C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0

C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked for updates multiple times, still receiving the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what seemed to fix this issue for me...

1)  Right click on the Adobe Reader DC Icon to open context window

2)  Left click on Properties

3)  Left click on the Compatibility tab

4)  Scroll to the bottom and Left click on "Run As Administrator" under the Privilege Level section then left click on “OK” which will close the context window

5)  Left click to open the Adobe Reader DC program and a User Access Control context window will open asking “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer.”

6)  Scroll down to the bottom of that context window and left click on the hypertext link, “change when these notifications appear” which will open another context window called “User Account Control Settings”

7)  Move the slider on the left side of the “User Account Control Settings” context window to “Never Notify” then left click on “OK” to close that context window. A new context window will open asking, “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?” left click on “Yes” which will close that window

8)  Reboot your computer

For some reason, running Adobe DC Reader in “Standard” mode triggers the error we all have been getting. When you switch to running the program in “Administrator” mode it does not trigger the error. Unfortunately under Win7 any hardware or software changes that you make will trigger the “User Account Control Setting” message. I found that if you set Adobe DC Reader to automatically run as Administrator the Adobe error is not triggered but, by doing this, you have to disable the “User Account Control Settings” message that pops up….

I have not tested this long term so, If you want to back out of all the changes above, go to Control Panel, click on ‘User Accounts” click on “Change User Account Settings” and slide the slider back to the default settings. Right click on the Adobe DC Reader Icon, go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the “Run As Administrator” button under the Privilege Level section. Close that window and I believe you should reboot your computer.

I hope this takes care of your issues….If so, please drop me an email at [Personal info removed by moderator] to let me know.

Best Regards,

Rangerb3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, In no time at all, the error started popping up again....Sorry, I thought I had the right formula in my previous post...

I can't believe Adobe Technical Support can't come up with a definitive fix for this issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well,

just rename the files is the best, simple solution and it works for me, but i'm not sure it doesn't have a problem later..

so I take a test.

copy A pc( which has no error message )'s files(RdrCEF.exe, RdrServicesUpdater.exe, these has some error, we know) and

paste B pc (which has error message like all of us),

then B pc's adobe reader works well.

B pc updates the latest version 15.017.20053 and A pc doesn't have the latest version, but it works.

So i think first install at B pc has some error.

Maybe Some one solve the problem by reinstall through official route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me two the list. Same error with Reader DC. July's update did nothing to resolve the issue. I have it happening on two Windows 7 Professional X86 boxes. I have un-installed and re-installed several times. The installation went well. I then checked and did updates.

Renaming the above two files fixes the issue but is not acceptable because at that point I can no longer edit forms.Very annoying. Has anyone found a true fix yet?

This is kind of interesting. I re-installed and updated last night and just quit. Left the computer on. I decided to get the version of Reader. When I opened reader this morning I got the protected mode error about an incompatible system configuration, I simply closed and re-opened reader and the incompatibility error went away. The 0xC0000135 error still persists. For the record the version is 2015.020.20042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 7.

After I logged into my Adobe account from Reader, the RdrCEF.exe messages stopped.

Well that doesn't solve the error message problem. Today I got the message again even though I am signed in to my Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, in my case it was happening to a user who was running in a limited user context. I did a repair install, clean install etc but the error remained. I even allowed full control to the user in question to the Adobe folder in ProgramData,but no dice.

I then ran the program using our domain admin credentials(Hold shift, right click run as different user), and watched it go through it's first time startup sequence, and the error was gone. Ran the program again under the user context by just double clicking, and it ran through the same first time startup screen, and then no more error. Seems to have been some kind of permissions issue initializing something. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having RdrCEF.exe application error showing up when I open Reader and when I click on 'ok' or the 'x' another box pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not corrected and I'm seeing it here today with one of my users.  Renaming those files appears to be the only real way to get those messages to stop, but then Adobe says that breaks the functionality.  I'm able to get some of the things you request but you lose me in section d.  I can't turn my users into lab machines so that you can fix your product.  This has been an issue since 2015 so please work towards a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am same problems please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue today, resolved it by doing the following from another post:

Please try repairing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

For that, navigate to Help menu > Repair installation and restart your server.

Let us know how it goes.

>Sorry i couldnt pass credit i copied it for my notes

Regards

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC 2021.00.7.20091 32bit version was causing trouble for us on our 2016 RDS farm srevers.  I tried running updates, repairs and reinstalling but no luck. Upgrading to the 64bit version has seemed to do the trick for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where you found Acrobat Reader DC 64bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

We have the latest update available for Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines