• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Access restricted issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a free application called Adobe Reader, that I have been using for some years now to open PDF files, but now it seems to be asking me for a password, which has never been asked for before....

I wanted to contact Adobe about this, but since it is a free product, this option is not available, so I took the option presented to 'Ask Our Community', but that took me to a login page of sorts, asking me to enter a unique login name to continue, so I did so. It did not take me to a community site though, instead it took me to a page that read the following, 'Unauthorized Access to this community or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.'??

I am unable to uderstand this, nor why I have to enter a password all of a sudden to open a PDF....

Can someone explain this to me, or do I need to find a different PDF reader application??

Thanks in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

From the information shared above, its not quite clear whether its a document password that you have been asked for or Adobe Reader's? 

Scenario 1- if its a password protected pdf and asking to enter the password to view specific pdf, then you have to enter the password used to lock this document. Or reach out to the one who created this file. Try opening a different PDF file than the one you are viewing.

Scenario 2- To view any PDF Adobe Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

From the information shared above, its not quite clear whether its a document password that you have been asked for or Adobe Reader's? 

Scenario 1- if its a password protected pdf and asking to enter the password to view specific pdf, then you have to enter the password used to lock this document. Or reach out to the one who created this file. Try opening a different PDF file than the one you are viewing.

Scenario 2- To view any PDF Adobe Reader doesn't ask for password. Its a freeware app so it doesn't need password to open/view any file.

Please share more information to help you better.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I appreciate the prompt reply, I truthfully do not have any further information to provide, except that it has happened a few times.....

I have put in another post concerning this issue, but I may cancle it now, as you seem to have explained it well enough here Akancha. It is possible that it is only happening when these documents are password protected, and that could be the issue. You are correct that it is not every pdf I try to open, so I can accept that I suppose, and Thanks for the response!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines