Re: Delete recent files and not save them

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe reader.  I would like to know how to clear the recent history under the "my computer" tab.   I am able to clear the regular recent history by accessing the preferences, but not the "my computer" recent history.  I am working on a public computer, and this is a problem.  I can go to edit, preferences, documents, and change the documents in recently used list from "100" days to "0" days and that removes history for the "recent files" folder/tab.  Howver, all those same files are still available/shown under the "my computer" tab/folder.  I contacted Adobe support regarding this issue and was told to use the "registry edit" and navigate to "hkey_current_user/software/adobe and delete the key related to the adobe reader. I did this.  It only removed one of the 2 files in which I needed removed.  The other file is still there.  Does anyone have a solution for this flaw in the software?  I was told to post my query on Adobes community forum and wait a couple days.  This is no solution, and in my opinion this is a terrible design flaw in the software.  It should not be this difficult to remove history.  My files are unsecure and able to be accessed in the meantime while I wait for a solution.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 17, 2020
Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional , Dec 17, 2020
[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Acrobat Reader.]   Please see correct answer below for details on clearing the recent files list in Acrobat Reader DC. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/now-remove-clear-recent-files-in-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/td-p/11257992?page=1   Post back if still have questions.  

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really doesn't belong in a Dreamweaver thread, but I'll give you a fix.

Any file saved on a public computer is, essentially, a public file. If you're not going to add security to the file directly, and you don't want someone to access your file via the "recent files" list, simply move the file to a different location at the OS level (browse to the file outside of Acrobat and move it) or store it on a thumb drive you only attach to the system while editing. 

If someone were inclined to click the file name from the recent files list in Acrobat, it will tell them the file has been moved or deleted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Acrobat Reader.]

Please see correct answer below for details on clearing the recent files list in Acrobat Reader DC.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/now-remove-clear-recent-files-in-adobe-acrobat-reader-...

Post back if still have questions.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines