Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Incorrect text character being displayed

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When i am adding a text in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC i get these characters inetead of regular ABC's. Any solution? 

Thank you! Adobe Error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's happening there. Is this what happens when you begin typing? Does it do this in all documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Yes, when i placed the text box where i wanted to type i saw like a preview of these characters and it displayed it when i typed except when typing numbers. Today i updated Adobe and everything looked normal until the reciever of the file told me that he didn't see any ABC's he saw these characters as shown above.  is there any alternative program?

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good chance the recipient's fonts are possibly messed up. I'd confirm this by sending the file to someone else to see if they are having the same problem. (You can try this yourself by sending the file to yourself if you have more than one system.)

Restoring default fonts on Windows 10:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/119581-restore-default-font-settings-windows.html

Restoring on macOS:

https://support.apple.com/guide/font-book/restore-fonts-that-came-with-your-mac-fb34862/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored, lets see if i had any luck.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue after restore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this from an unrelated thread in the Photoshop forum to the Acrobat Reader forum since your question is about the free Adobe Acrobat Reader and not about Photoshop. [was in https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/incorrect-text-character-being-displayed/m-p/11737015]

To confirm: are you using Fill and Sign in Reader?

It appears that the typeface is Wingdings or Zapf Dingbats, but that can't be changed in Fill and Sign in Reader, afaik. Can you try using the Type tool in Comments to see if it does the same thing? Did this just start? Was it working properly before?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Yes, i am using the free version, so that means it cant be fixed?

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines