• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader crashes now that I'm using macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I launch a PDF document with Reader open, it crashes. Any idea on fixes? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What crash messages please? What version of Reader (not "latest")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed Catalina then restored your application from a backup, you'll need to delete Reader and then install the current version. There are enough differences in Catalina that the previous install won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Herbie

We are sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. If the issue still persists please try the following steps and see if that helps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat reader does not work anymore. I have reinstalled but it does not work. It closes down leaving this report to apple.  

adobestrul.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since a week ago. when I open a .pdf file it stays open and the quit after 10 seconds. I run El capitan 10.11.6 . I have reinstalled  Acrobat readera a few times but in vain.  Any suggestions? Maybe I use wrong version. Or is this a superbug. And in that case . Is it reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. If the issue still persists please try the following steps and see if that helps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I did what you asked in the message above, but it is still crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Are you on Mac or Windows machine?

Please try to create a new test user pfrofile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the crash logs as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  and share them with us for investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines