Highlighted

Reader DC not listed in Managed Add-ons in IE11

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a forms application with a form submit feature.  Since it is submitting to a web page we need to run this from the Adobe Application.  I have installed Adobe DC Reader on a Windows 10 laptop (workgroup) and can open a PDF in the browser; however, I am unable to disable the add-ons to have it open in the Reader Application.  I have re-installed and also tried to repair the installation. 

Any assistance in finding the Adobe Add-on in the Managed Add-ons would be appreciated.

Note: I did select All Add-ons:-)

Regards,

Robert

Hi Nexent1

Uninstall Reader DC using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reset IE. Restart your system.

Now download Acrobat Reader DC suing this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check for the Add-on now. Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Regards,
Aadesh

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reader DC not listed in Managed Add-ons in IE11

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a forms application with a form submit feature.  Since it is submitting to a web page we need to run this from the Adobe Application.  I have installed Adobe DC Reader on a Windows 10 laptop (workgroup) and can open a PDF in the browser; however, I am unable to disable the add-ons to have it open in the Reader Application.  I have re-installed and also tried to repair the installation. 

Any assistance in finding the Adobe Add-on in the Managed Add-ons would be appreciated.

Note: I did select All Add-ons:-)

Regards,

Robert

Hi Nexent1

Uninstall Reader DC using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Now download Acrobat Reader DC suing this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check for the Add-on now. Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Regards,
Aadesh

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nexent1

Regards,
Aadesh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nexent1 LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aadesh,  I was able to resolve my issue.

During the removal I also noticed I had Foxit and ashampoo installed on my PC.  They were added by the PC manufacturer.  I removed both of those as well.

The final success was I noticed the small print on the article about Display PDF in browser that suggested to look at the Run Without Permissions. (see below).  I was under the impression if you selected 'All Add-ons' it would include those.  I suspect this may have been my issue all along.

"Note:  

If you do not see the Adobe PDF Reader add-on, try the other options on the menu. For example, on some systems, the add-on appears when you select Run Without Permission."

Once I was able to see the Adobe PDF Reader" in the add-on list and disable it, the application worked correctly.

Again, thank you Aadesh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Add a group