Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" button not working: Outlook 2016

Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four or more affected systems with managed users and domain admins all reporting the same issue.  All systems running current software.  Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" does not open a new outlook e-mail window and as a result does not attach file.

I've already tried all available preference settings, how to fixes found.  Reader is configured correctly.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Hi,

Sorry about the issues with “Attach to email” functionality in latest update of Acrobat. Our team has identified the root cause and is working proactively towards a fix soon.

Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround, there is a registry setting that can restore the functionality at your end. If there are critical workflows blocked at your end, you may follow the steps given below to apply the same:

1. Download the RegKey file applicable to your configuration – 64 bit or 32 bit from the link here: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/58979b17-5cd9-4aec-9727-cb995a1366ea

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the work around for this issue!

Office 365 - 2016 - 32 bit

Windows 7 Enterprise - 64 bit

Current Adobe Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the issues with “Attach to email” functionality in latest update of Acrobat. Our team has identified the root cause and is working proactively towards a fix soon.

Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround, there is a registry setting that can restore the functionality at your end. If there are critical workflows blocked at your end, you may follow the steps given below to apply the same:

1. Download the RegKey file applicable to your configuration – 64 bit or 32 bit from the link here: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/58979b17-5cd9-4aec-9727-cb995a1366ea
  2. Rename the .TXT file to .REG
  3. Double-click the .REG file and apply the registry settings

Please note that we will be rolling out a patch fixing this issue in the coming days and will notify you of the same.

Please let us know in case of any questions.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the issue my client was having! A million thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ashumittal's regkey solution worked for me! thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry - but doesn't work for me

and yes, i did a restart of the system

Windows 10 (1607, 14393.321) 64-Bit - no updates available

Acrobat Reader DC - GERMAN (15.020.20039) - no updates abailable

MS Outlook 2016 MSO from Office 365 (16.0.7030.1021) 64-Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi helmutj2024682​,

Unfortunately, the registry workaround would not address the issue in case of 64-bit Outlook. We are working on fixing that configuration and will keep you posted.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution for this issue? We are on Office 2016 64Bit as well. The reg key and update didn't resolve the issue.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 32bit & Outlook 2016 This fixed the issue my client was having. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "workaround" does not work!  All it does is stop the error from popping up on Windows 7 computers.  Check your Event Viewer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the patch fix near for this? My users use the 64-bit version of Office and the work around doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justins47048316

Yes, we are working on the official patch that fixes the 64-bit issue as well and it will be released soon.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeframe that the patch will be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The exact timelines cannot be shared yet but we'll let you know as soon as it is publically available.

Thanks for your patience.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

So just to clarify this should now be included in Version 15.020.20042 ?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with Adobe Reader XI and O365 2016 version. I removed reader and reinstalled it from Adobe portal. Then checked the updates Help > Check for updates (it's Acrobat Reader XI version 10.1.18 now), but still not working. 32BitMAPIBroker.exe error still appears. Are there some advices (is the bugfix to version DC only)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @timo_s_ah

The fix will be included in the next official patch for 11x.

Meanwhile, you can use the registry workaround to unblock workflows. Here are the steps for 11x:

1. Download the RegKey file applicable to your configuration – 64 bit or 32 bit from the link here: Shared Files - Acrobat.com
  2. Rename the .TXT file to .REG
  3. Double-click the .REG file and apply the registry settings

Let me know how how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the issue with Adobe Standard and Office 2016 64bit. Adobe is fully updated to 11.0.18. I have tried editing the registry keys for Acrobat 11.0, no luck. Can you please assist ASAP? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MAC. Is there a workaround for the inability to send the PDF via email?

I'm a realtor and this is so painful.

Thanks,

Renata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Renata, sul Mac usi Outlook 2016 o mail, sul mio Mac io uso Mail per la posta e non ho problemi né con DC né con Acrobat XI.

Il problema del quale parlo sopra l'ho su un pc windows 8.1 + outlook 2016 + DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Outlook from Office 365.  I'd done all the microsoft and apple updates. it just isn't working:(.

thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the workaround, as well.   Can you add the workaround to the case so that others may easily find it without needing to ask for it?  Thank you!

-Joe Gilland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

I posted it already. Please refer to my post above.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Reader XI v11, so I just changed the registry path from "DC" to "11.0" and it works.

From [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureState]

To [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\FeatureState]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please notify me when the fix is available. We too have several users that are unable to use this function. I have been able to have them do work arounds to get their documents attached, such as drag/drop the document into an open email message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines