Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" button not working: Outlook 2016

Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four or more affected systems with managed users and domain admins all reporting the same issue.  All systems running current software.  Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" does not open a new outlook e-mail window and as a result does not attach file.

I've already tried all available preference settings, how to fixes found.  Reader is configured correctly.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Hi,

Sorry about the issues with “Attach to email” functionality in latest update of Acrobat. Our team has identified the root cause and is working proactively towards a fix soon.

Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround, there is a registry setting that can restore the functionality at your end. If there are critical workflows blocked at your end, you may follow the steps given below to apply the same:

1. Download the RegKey file applicable to your configuration – 64 bit or 32 bit from the link here: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/58979b17-5cd9-4aec-9727-cb995a1366ea

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jenniferh35437172​,

Please use the temporary fix shared in my forum post here: Re: Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" button not working: Outlook 2016

We will confirm once the fix is available publically.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues.  Reader DC or Acrobat Standard DC will not "send to email" with Outlook 2016.  I have Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 systems that do not work.  

Please keep us posted on a patch

Thanks!

@ashumittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same problem as well in our organisation. We have 600 people who are experiencing the samme issue for some time now. The workaround mentioned in the original post does NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very urgent issue now. Since the register entry does not work, please fix the problem asap!

Thank you.

(Windows 7 with Office 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the "Attach to email" issue. This update will be automatically applied to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader DC. You can also open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: Release notes | Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update, November 03, 2016

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Acrobat Pro and Reader both work now!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This patch has fixed the issue for Reader DC! 

Thank you for your help and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the confirmation!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix has corrected the issue. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you send me the workaround for this if there hasn't been a fix to the software?  Thanks!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with my Windows 8.1, OUTLOOK 2016 (64BIT) and ACROBAT DC (ACROBAT XI TOO)!

PLEASE RESOLVE THE PROBLEM!

Francesco ITALY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi francescogITALY

This issue has been fixed already. Please make sure you are on the latest version by opening Acrobat DC and visiting the Help > Check for Updates menu.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the answer, but I have the last version of Acrobat DC. I think at this moment that the problem is in the Registry, I have before Outlook and then I have installed Outlook 2016 within OFFICE 2016. May be that the problem is in the MAPI32.dll file, if is corrupted. I found a fix for this problem (regedit and delete parameters) and or rename MAPI and than repair OFFICE.

What do You think about?

Best regards

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesco,

I'd advise against deleting registries or parameters. Could you please try repairing the Acrobat installation instead. Go to Help > Repair Installation and see how it goes. You may also try to repair Office just to be sure.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you affected by this issue using both Adobe Reader DC and Outlook 2016 still:

FIX | Adobe Reader DC & Outlook 2016 | "No default - Microsoft Community

I have posted an appropriate fix (not a workaround) that I've found while at work fixing some end users' machines that have this problem.

Please provide feedback either here or in the Microsoft post to let me know how it works out for you.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue after upgrading to Office 2016 Click-To-Run.

I've tried removing windowsmail from the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\ key and also tried the registry fixes from the "correct answer" at the top of this thread. I have also reset the default file associations for Outlook2016 and done multiple repairs on both the Adobe Reader and Office 2016 applications.

Adobe Reader DC x86 2015.023.20070 (up-to-date as of today)

Office 2016 x86

Windows 7 x64

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SurfKing,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end.
We need your help to get the insight of the issue.

Could you please provide the following info-
1. Version of Outlook 2016
     -for checking this info: Launch Outlook, Goto File->Office Account->About Outlook
2. Open a PDF, try to attach it to Email and check if the process “32BitMAPIBroker.exe” gets launched and keeps running until you close Reader app. This is a newly added process in latest Reader.

Regards,
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvindy,

Thanks for your reply. I think we have tracked the issue down to being related to another piece of software we have installed called Appsense which redirects some files and registry keys for certain applications to create a kind of roaming settings for some applications. I'll do some more testing and just confirm with you tomorrow just in case anyone has this issue with Appsense.

Thanks
SK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the latest release of Acrobat on 11th April 2017. It should work now.

To get the latest product update, within the product, click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, Platini82, but it still doesn't work for me. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1drw1,

Kindly check your inbox. I have sent you an email.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i get this fix? Can you help? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi austinh63682174,

Could you please please provide the following info-

-Any error message while attaching PDFs to email?

-Email client?

-System?

-Adobe Reader version?

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just started to see this problem show up after we upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2016.

-Any error message while attaching PDFs to email? 32BitMAPIBroker.exe has stopped working

-Email client? Office 2016 Professional Plus (x86)

-System? Windows 7 SP1 (x64)

-Adobe Reader version? Reader DC 17.009.20044

The process worked up until we installed Office 2016. I have uninstalled/reinstalled reader with no luck. Error continues to show. If there is a public fix, I would like to know about it, or what version of reader it will be fixed in.

Thank you,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RHAINES,

Could you please check if Outlook Cache Enabled or Disabled? If it is disabled kindly try after enabling it.

To do this follow the steps:

-Open Outlook and Goto File->Account Settings->Account Settings

-Select the email account you are using and click on "Change" and tick the check-box "Use Cached Exchange Mode".

-Click Next and then click Finish

-Restart the Outlook and try to attach any pdf.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines