• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC vs. Reader

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is Reader DC replacing regular Reader?

Is it still free?

Can I turn off the uploading feature for an enterprise where we do not allow that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Reader is still free.

As to enterprise "installs" Adobe does provide related documentation.

Perhaps someone reading this thread will provide a link to it.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is still free.

As to enterprise "installs" Adobe does provide related documentation.

Perhaps someone reading this thread will provide a link to it.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I get Adobe Reader back?  When I tried to install it, it stopped because the DC version is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marcelleb85496327,

You can use cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to completely remove traces of Reader DC and restart the system.

Then you can install Adobe Reader from here : http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC isn't replacing the regular Reader. It IS the regular Reader, and replaces the older version in the same way that 9 replaced 8 and XI replaced X.

Adobe made it confusing, but it is just the latest version of Reader: it went version 8, 9, X, XI, DC. Also, Adobe changed the name from "Adobe Reader" to "Acrobat Reader".

Some people have the idea that Reader DC is a new concept and Reader XI is a continuing product. It isn't.

Some people have the idea (for good reason, because the name is unhelpful) that Reader DC is a different kind of software that "runs on the cloud". It isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are over a year after DC was released and Adobe is still updating Reader XI with the current version at 11.0.16!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Being that Reader is free and apparently an updated version.  Am I wasting money by purchasing it. I am learning web development therefore I will more than likely be investing in more applications.  Should I stop the current Reader and go with the free app till I find the need for more? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe continue to do security fixes until end of life (some time in 2017 I think). Seems a good thing, but leads some people to the mistaken idea that XI has a parallel life and future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines