• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC zoom setting varies on a particular saved file

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- zoom setting will change on at least one particular saved file on my laptop computer.  I click on the two top book marks & zoom defaults to 53.2% every time. It will stay at 53.2% for all bookmarks in that file until I manually increase zoom.  I increase zoom to say 100% and it stays at 100% until I click on either top two bookmarks.  I have tried edit> preferences> page display> zoom (changed from automatic to 100%...etc.) & still will not keep zoom at 100%. 

I can send screen shots to you if that will help diagnose the problem.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Bookmarks can have a zoom built in (optionally). So what is happening to you, is what is designed to happen. This could only be fixed by editing the bookmarks in paid-for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please also share your OS and version and verify if this is only happening with just that file or with every PDF file. Alternatively, can you also verify if the same issue occurs in another computer with different operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & I use a Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 installed.  I've been using Firefox Browser & is up to date.  I did open that same file on another computer (Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge Browser) via Adobe Document Cloud & behaves exactly the same way. 

The file I'm opening is the only one that behaves like that as far as I know.  I will attach that file for you to look at if you would.

I would really appreciate a reply and/ or feedback  Is_rbls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with all my pictures I previously scan in a  PDF format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with all my pictures I previously scan in a  PDF format. I am not able to open them up in any format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarks can have a zoom built in (optionally). So what is happening to you, is what is designed to happen. This could only be fixed by editing the bookmarks in paid-for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  I'd like to know exactly what paid version I would need to correct this "problem" I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

You may download from and follow installation guidance from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

See other options and subscription plans here:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat you'll have to do it one by one, manually. If you want an automated solution that can edit all the bookmarks in one (or more) files you can use this (paid-for) tool I've developed: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/12/batch-edit-zoom-level-in-bookmarks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I increase zoom to say 100% and it stays at 100% until I click on either top two bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is correct. Does you have a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines