Highlighted

Reader file won't open and I've tried everything

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'XXX name of file' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

MacAir - MacOS 10.13.6

I have uninstalled every version of Adobe, reinstalled Reader to version 2019.021.20061.

Some PDFs open, some don't. 

I scanned documents thru an HP Envy 4500.  I do that almost literally daily.  No problem till now so I'm really not feeling that it's the scanner.

Help!

Topics

General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reader file won't open and I've tried everything

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'XXX name of file' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

MacAir - MacOS 10.13.6

I have uninstalled every version of Adobe, reinstalled Reader to version 2019.021.20061.

Some PDFs open, some don't. 

I scanned documents thru an HP Envy 4500.  I do that almost literally daily.  No problem till now so I'm really not feeling that it's the scanner.

Help!

Topics

General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?