• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader keeps shutting down

New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDFs I've been opening today keep disappearing as Reader shuts down. Should I dump the REader program on my Mac and download again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Peterc, 

As mentioned, your Adobe Reader is keep shutting down. Does it happen while accessing any PDF file or any feature?

Should I dump the Reader program on my Mac and download again?

Well! that's one of the solution, but before that, we recommend to check certain other troubleshooting steps.

1- Update the product to the latest version: Choose Help > Check for Updates and then follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.

2- Turn Off Protected View-

• In Acrobat, go to Edit > Preferences, and then select Security (Enhanced) from the Categories on the left.
  • In the Sandbox Protections panel, select Off for Protected View.

Turn off the Protected View

• Click OK, and then restart Acrobat DC.

If none of the step helps, then use cleaner tool to remove application: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and reinstall it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines