• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader prints duplex whether or not "print on both sides of paper" is checked

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer is a HP Laserjet Pro M478. Computer is a MacBook Pro running the most current software.

Printing from Reader always prints duplex, ignoring the setting in the print dialog "print on both sides of paper". No presets or print options related to duplex printing are available, save the "print on both sides of paper" checkbox. 

On checking, I am having the same problem in Lightroom, which includes the opportunity to pick single sided presets (which are also ignored). All of my non-Adobe products (eg Microsoft Office, Mail, Safari, Chrome, Apple Photos, Calendar, etc) are working correctly, eg duplex when duplex is chosen, single-sided when it is not, so it doesn't appear to be any sort of issue with the printer or system side drivers. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well this turned out to be a printer setting. Apparently "Duplex enabled" from the printer setup is regarded as manadatory sometimes and optional (as I thought name might imply) others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines