Reader won't work in Windows 10.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an eror mesage that reader cannot find the file and it list the file path and it is correct.  I have uninstalled all adobe, restarted and then re-installed and still getting the same message.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?  I have a feeling it is a software conflict but I have no idea what software.  it worked fine till about 8 months ago.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are keep getting an error message that reader cannot find the file and the issue persists even after reinstalling the application.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs, Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If the PDF file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download the file to your computer locally and then try to open it and check.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the error message so that we can look into it and assist you better?

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more