Highlighted

Really?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17 start up items added to my start up processes and browser extensions and almost 10 minutes to install on a computer with an i9-9900k CPU and 32gb of RAM all so I can edit a resume? Then, I close it and it needs to install an update even after it was JUST installed?

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Really?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17 start up items added to my start up processes and browser extensions and almost 10 minutes to install on a computer with an i9-9900k CPU and 32gb of RAM all so I can edit a resume? Then, I close it and it needs to install an update even after it was JUST installed?

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, there are all these boxes around every body part of my resume, that I have to be EXTREMELY careful not to move and mis-align my resume layout. How do I turn this off?

Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a little difficulty understanding what you're asking.

Can briefly explain with more clarity what are you trying to achieve?

What version of Acrobat are you usong and in which operating system are you usong Adobe Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't asking a question. I was stating my feedback on this "tool." 

Also, when I try to add text to body, it goes from single line space as shown here: Capture2.PNG

to double line spacing automatically and then cuts into the next body and over laps it as shown here:

Capture4.PNG

There is nothing to turn off double line spacing that I can find, there is nothing to stop the entire body from being dragged if I mis-click something. When I go to the next line in text, the "normal" thing to do would be to push all existing text below it, down 1 line. Instead with this, the existing text below remains in place. All I needed and wanted to do was add literally probably 250 characters to my existing resume and not remake the entire thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your questions, Windows 10. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 19.021.20061

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first two posts, You added question marks  at the end of  your feedback statements, that is why I asked for clarification.

I forgot to ask if you've used a template in another program like MS Word, for example, and how it was converted to a PDF file (was it imported from or exported to?).

Sometimes when a document is exported to PDF using a PDF maker add-on, the resulting PDF may not render the desired document structure properly.

For example,  a word processing application was used to edit the images and the body of text in a resume template, and then  a PDF Maker add-on tool was used to convert directly to a PDF document from that word processing app.

Sometimes this method is not convenient, specially if the user is not aware to lower the security levels of the macros before conversion, or disable the macros completely.

It is also a good rule of thumb that, before converting the text document template  to a PDF, to run the Accessibility checker to find other discrepancies such as unsupported embedded fonts. Last, it is also to  convenient to work around any other templates-related objects that could be using  additional add-ins (like Visual C++ add-ins, to name another example).

So  a quick work-around to this is to print to PDF and

use the resulting flattened  (or postscripted) PDF instead to edit text and images, to readjust the  page or document structure, and  the tagging order of the object elements in that PDF.

When you work with the Edit PDF tool, you can edit your text in a variety of ways, to include an external text or image editors without closing and leaving your Acrobat application.

The lines around the text or images are referred to as Bounding Boxes.

When you click on the bounding box to dragg it around the page you will also see smart guides (visible lines in green color)  that will assist the user on where to place the text object in relation to other objects in that page.

See this quick tutorial :

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/edit-text-pdfs.html 

To get more acquainted with the Adobe Acrobat workspace see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/workspace-basics.html 

Most of your observations could be explained in greater detail in the Acrobat User Guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/user-guide.html 

To work around document structure see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/editing-document-structure-content-tags.html#editing_document_... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files were never meant to be edited in this way. Doing so is always going to be risky and complicated.

If you have access to the original source file then you should edit that and create a new PDF file from it.

Doing it the way you've done it should be a last resort, and only attempted when small corrections are needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC