• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recognising the ‘Digital Signature’ usage option from a third-party Digital ID Certificate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you help with this problem:

How can I get the ‘Digital Signature’ usage option, which is included in my third-party certificate, to be recognised by Acrobat Reader as a ‘Usage Option’, so that it will get added to my choice of Digital IDs for signing?  

Background:

My Digital ID Certificate - recognised by Acrobat Reader DC as a trusted and valid Certificate issued by a third party - has many Intended usages, including “Digital Signature”. However, when checking “Usage Options” under Preferences > Signatures >Identities & Trusted Certificates >More, only ‘manage attribute certificates’ and ‘personalize’ are listed. Consequently, when setting it up for signing, Reader promises “The following Digital ID will be added to your list of Digital ID that you can use for digitally signing:”. But on clicking ‘continue’ to the next screen it does not get added.

Thanks for lending a hand

Paul

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?