Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registry Updates and Print Concern

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I am trying to update Fit to size option for print PDF files.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Adobe\Adobe Reader\DC\AvGeneral

iPrintScalling :2

here with my created .reg file to update above setting,

Registry setting is updated and Adobe Print Preview is proper as per updated registry setting but still print  result is not updated as per registry setting.

even after restart of machine it still not print as per updated registry.

This Fit to option only get in effect when i open Adobe Reader DC and print any file with fit to size settig then only it works.

please guide for this issue, how can i update Adobe Reader DC print setting to consider Fit to size option while actual printing.

Note: Here i am using command line printing.

Thanks

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you actually doing this printing, if not opening a file and choosing Print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are opening and printing file using Command line syantax.

from C#.net, locating AcroRD32.exe and sending command "/p /h {fileName}"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is by design. The print command line is not a developer facility for general use, it is simply how the Windows Shell "print" verb is implemented for simplest convenient use. For more control consider using the printparams object in JavaScript, through the VB:JavaScript API. This is NOT available in the free Reader, only Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So wan't there any option in Adobe Reader DC to Print file with AutoSize option ? with out that VB API ?

How can i say Adobe DC to print file with Fit To Option ONLY, as registry setting is not working here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe would have planned that you cannot use this sort of automation without paying for software. All the APIs exist as a marketing tool only. Your end users would each need to license Acrobat, that's Adobe's plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

That's fine if Adobe Reader has limited support , but at leaset it should print file properly as per provided version.

Even PrintPreview has FitToSize option selected but still prtinting of Command line output not gives proper result as per selection.

From where Adobe refer Size setting while Print ? do we have installtion time support to set defult sizing setting ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" at leaset it should print file properly as per provided version." So far as I can see, it prints fine until you try to automate it. Adobe don't have any interest in supporting automation of Reader, so this does not seem surprising. Adobe want to sell you Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also: be sure you are using Acrobat or Reader in a normal interactive session; not a background task, service and definitely not on a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines