Highlighted

Remove background blue highlight-by-click

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using acrobat pro dc version: 19.12.20034.328841

When I open a scanned document, if I click on any page, it becomes blue, the whole page becomes covered by blue transparent cover. This happens only for scanned documents (raster image). For documents created from, e.g. ms word, this does not happen. How to turn this useless unnecessary feature off? It's like some constant "fill" tool from photoshop instead of a mere mouse pointer. I do not need to fill my page with any color, why on Earth does it happen by default when I click onto a page?

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remove background blue highlight-by-click

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using acrobat pro dc version: 19.12.20034.328841

When I open a scanned document, if I click on any page, it becomes blue, the whole page becomes covered by blue transparent cover. This happens only for scanned documents (raster image). For documents created from, e.g. ms word, this does not happen. How to turn this useless unnecessary feature off? It's like some constant "fill" tool from photoshop instead of a mere mouse pointer. I do not need to fill my page with any color, why on Earth does it happen by default when I click onto a page?

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and tick off "Make hand tool select text & images".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but now I cannot select text... this program is made by a genius of usability.

So, I need to keep selecting text but I need to disable selecting images. This very "clever" program treats a scanned document (even if it was OCRed) as a big image. I think it is impossible to convince it otherwise (like that it is a background which does not have to be selected every time you click onto white background).

May be it is possible to disable highlighting when an image is selected? Why it have to go all blue? E.g. in ms word when u click onto image it does not change color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, just not with the Hand tool. Switch to the Text Selection tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but text selection tool brings back the whole page filling with blue tint when you click on it. So, the only way to let you click onto page white background without it going into blue color is to deprive yourself of the text selection. This is in the case of a scanned PDF document. A PDF made from typed document with fonts does not go blue when you click onto white background and you can select text alright.

I've just tried opening my scanned PDFs in three other programs: google chrome, ms edge and foxit reader (old version 2 was left on my usb from old times, when I could not afford adobe). And guess what, I can select text in every mentioned progs and when I click onto the white background it does not change color! So, I guess, acrobat is very bad for viewing pdfs, only good for creating it, what a shame...

Maybe it is possible to somehow disable pictures highlighting? Or maybe to change the highlighting color from blue to transparent (via regedit?)? I do not want to use two different programs for creating and for view pdf((

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC